Monday, April 8, 2013

Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs - 4.5 stars



Frost Burned (#7) by Patricia Briggs
4.5 stars

Oh I really missed Mercy Thompson and her world. I reread Moon Called (#1) not that long ago and I was so excited to get my hands on Frost Burned. I love Mercy and Adam and their wonderful relationship. There was such a long wait between River Marked and Frost Burned and it was so frustrating. Now I've finished it and it was great.

Mercy and Jesse are Black Friday shopping when they suddenly get into an accident. This ends up being a good thing but at the time it's a big hassle. When Mercy calls Adam to come pick her up, he doesn't answer. She calls the whole pack but no one answers. She even calls Kyle, Warren's boyfriend, to no avail. She ends up catching a ride to her shop where she meets up with Gabriel and Ben. Ben is in bad shape because he was hit with the tranquilizer that was invented by Gerry. Ben eventually is able to tell Mercy that the pack was kidnapped. We don't know who or why or where the pack could possibly be.

I like that there were a variety of characters mixed in with this book. We don't have Sam or Bran but we do get Asil, a character from the Alpha and Omega series. I haven't read the latest book in that series so I don't know what happened exactly but apparently the government let a serial killer go because he was killing fae and werewolves. A fae murdered the murderer and then all the fae packed up and secluded themselves in the reservations. It's really unfortunate because I wish we could have had more Zee in the picture. But his son Tad was pretty awesome as well. We also got a lot of Kyle in the first part of the book. I really enjoyed that. He was always a secondary character but we got to see more of his personality.

There were some slow spots but we also got to two whole chapters from Adam's point of view. I think it would have been a little better if it was in first person instead of third but I was very happy with that change of pace. Mercy discovered a new talent and their mating bond grew stronger. A lot happened in this book and in the end we find out why the pack was actually targeted and who was behind the whole thing. I wasn't really expecting it until I had it spelled out for me which is unusual because I can normally figure it out. Maybe I was just being a bit slow.

I can't wait for the next book. It's quite unfortunate that it takes so long for them to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment