Friday, April 5, 2013

Archangel's Consort by Nalini Singh - 5 stars




Archangel's Consort (#3) by Nalini Singh
5 stars

I do love this series. I love Raphael and Elena. I love their story and the relationship that has grown between them through all the terrible things each has gone through. Elena is still plagued with her past horrors from her childhood and Raphael still has horrors that haven't been completely revealed either.

I read in another review that she was glad that Singh didn't make Elena's journey of becoming an angel easy and I have to say that I completely agree. After the big battle with Lijuan, Elena had to recover from some of the injuries she had gained. Now she is back in New York but things aren't going so well. Raphael's Seven still believe that she is too much of a liability for him. He is part mortal and easier to kill which becomes pretty vital for the ending of the book. Elena's family still can't accept her which is no surprise. But there is a little twist in that aspect of her life  now that almost made me laugh because of course, it would happen to Jeffrey.

Elena still has to master a few things including vertical take offs. She can't run as fast because she now has to account for wings. She can't fly as far or as fast as she needs to. She basically mortal because she can still easily die. Despite all these things and despite the fact that Raphael is so much more powerful than she is, she doesn't back down without a fight. I like her determination and her strength.

Signs of an Ancient waking begin to rock the world and there is only one who comes to Raphael's mind. His mother, Caliane. Vampires go crazy with blood lust and even the archangels are being influenced by it. There are a few twists and turns in there and of course Lijuan makes another appearance.

We finally got to see how angels dance. It wasn't what I was expecting. Actually, I don't know what  I was expecting in that area but it was interesting.

I loved this book much like I loved the first one. Next is Archangel's Blade which focus on Dmitri and Honor, a character we haven't met yet. From the description, it looks good but I think I will me Elena and Raphael. We shall see what it holds in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment