Sunday, April 14, 2013

Books news and rantings


Ah I'm so excited. Archangel's Legion, the next book in the Guild Hunter series, is going to be about Raphael and Elena. I've really missed them in the last two novels and the novellas. Of course the cover looks awesome. Why do I have to wait until October? Also, Magic Rises, Kate Daniels #6 is coming out July 30th. I follow Ilona Andrews on their blog and was so sad when I didn't get to be a beta reader. I've been waiting for a very long time for Magic Rises. I'm going to reread 1-5 and review them but I had to share my excitement about the series. You don't even have to read a review by me for me to say GO READ KATE DANIELS. (Jess I'm talking to you.)

I finished Archangel's Storm on Friday. I'll probably post the review tomorrow. It was really good. I had to do my yesterday which involved watching a documentary from the History channel on the Apopcolypse and then I had to watch the movie The Rapture. It's a Life After Death class and the focus now is on the end of the world. While the History Channel thing was interesting, The Rapture was a little boring for me.

Now I'm reading Skinwalker by Faith Hunter. It's pretty interesting. The world is different but that is part of the norm for urban fantasy.

All kinds of good books have come out and will be coming out this year. I love it. As of right now, Ilona and Gordon are working on Kate Daniels #7. I'll explain that whole thing when I review the Kate books. 

This is what Goodreads has posted about Archangel's Legion and Magic Rises. Both covers are great. I love the fire on Magic Rises and man do I want Elena's wings.


"Angels are falling from the sky in New York, struck down by a vicious, unknown force.

Vampires are dying impossibly of disease.

Guild hunter Elena Deveraux and the Archangel Raphael must discover the source of the wave of death before it engulfs their city and their people, leaving New York a ruin and Raphael’s Tower under siege by enemy archangels.

Yet even as they fight desperately to save the city, an even darker force is stirring, its chill eyes trained on New York…and on Raphael. Rivers of crimson and nightmares given flesh, the world will never again be the same…"



"Atlanta is a city plagued by magical problems. Kate Daniels will fight to solve them—no matter the cost.

Mercenary Kate Daniels and her mate, Curran, the Beast Lord, are struggling to solve a heartbreaking crisis. Unable to control their beasts, many of the Pack’s shapeshifting children fail to survive to adulthood. While there is a medicine that can help, the secret to its making is closely guarded by the European packs, and there’s little available in Atlanta.

Kate can’t bear to watch innocents suffer, but the solution she and Curran have found threatens to be even more painful. The European shapeshifters who once outmaneuvered the Beast Lord have asked him to arbitrate a dispute—and they’ll pay him in medicine. With the young people’s survival and the Pack’s future at stake, Kate and Curran know they must accept the offer—but they have little doubt that they’re heading straight into a trap…"

No comments:

Post a Comment