Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare - 5 stars

Book 3 in The Infernal Devices Trilogy


Clockwork Princess (#3) by Cassandra Clare
5 stars

Cassandra Clare is a fantastic writer. She makes the world and the characters come alive. You fall in love with them and you become so investing in their lives. Every single character is well thought out. I love that. I love it when a writing can suck you into a world and make you have physical and emotional reactions. 

This was a wonderful ending to the trilogy. Out of the three, Princess is my favorite. After the end of Prince, I was sure there was no possible way for them to Tessa, Jem, and Will to have a happy ending. Then I got Princess and opened the dust jacket. Clare provided us with a family tree of the Carstairs, Herondales, and Lightwoods. That sent me into a spiral of questions that only the book could answer. 

In City of Lost Souls, there is a Silent Brother who didn't seem like the others. I honestly thought it was Will.  There were some hints in Fallen Angels and Lost Souls that reference this trilogy. I love that. We also find out how the Herondales have the birthmark on their body.

This book put me on an emotional roller coaster. The ending was absolutely fantastic. It was perfect. I did feel very sad for Tessa because she will live forever unless she is killed while those around her age and die. Thankfully she has Magnus. I love that he is in the trilogy as well. 

Overall this was book was amazing. I love it. 

This is the family tree that was included in the book jacket. 


http://shadowhunters.wikia.com/wiki/Extras
EDIT:

While I still enjoyed this book and this series, I find that my opinions towards the entire Shadowhunter world have change. Things about this author have come to light that has put a shadow on my enjoyment. It's disappointing when that happens and it's unfortunately that my views change because of these factors.

No comments:

Post a Comment